Thursday, June 18, 2020

Essential monologue


I thought Ibanez sounds better with DiMarzio pickups?
Ibanez can sound good with any pickups, it's a matter of you liking what you hear. What you like to hear might not be what I like to hear.

So Seymour Duncan pickups sound better to you?
Seymour Duncans give me what I want to hear. They have this special chemistry for guitars plugged straight into an amp without effects in between. They don't get muffled when the amp's volume is turned up. 

Basically you don't like DiMarzio, is that it?
I like pickups that give me what I want to hear. I do have Ibanez guitars with DiMarzios in them. I don't judge the name, I listen to what the pickups have to offer. D Activator, Super 2, Evolution (neck) & Super Distortion are some examples.

Are pickups important when it comes to tone?
In my opinion, the amp comes first. Some beginner guitars with factory default pickups can sound incredible with the right amp. What is the right amp, then? There's no right amp, there's only the amp that would serve your needs well. Know your needs & try as many amps to understand which are the worthy ones for your money. 

You almost replaced all the default pickups of your guitar, you're wasting precious money.
So are those who smoke, get drunk on weekend nights, visit nail saloons every other week, buy iPhones every 20months or so... the list goes on. 

1 comment:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

"So are those who smoke, get drunk on weekend nights, visit nail saloons every other week, buy iPhones every 20months or so... the list goes on."

-liked :)