Wednesday, June 3, 2020

New JCs


Ibanez recently released a quartet of J Custom models. Unlike the overkill of vine inlay & other visual bling, these are relatively restrained in looks aimed at those who prefer to stay away from the limelight yet owning an exclusive piece of Ibanez gear.

The guitars are divided into two camps, one featuring an alder body + maple neck (JCRG2001) vs mahogany body + wenge neck (JCRG2002) with both camps sporting stained bird eye maple fretboard. The narrative behind these guitars' finish scheme relates to nature & the elements which might strike a cord with druids more than anyone else, really. Anyway, I'm not here to demerit these releases considering that I'm rather fanatical when it comes to Ibanez but to date, I'm pretty much turned off by what the J Custom range has to offer. I'm just not into them but would keep options open, of course. I'd rather spec a Kiesel/ ESP for this kind of money. I'm waiting for the day when Ibanez opens up options to the common people as opposed to keeping their custom shop details strictly to endorsers

No comments: