Thursday, July 30, 2020

Order 66


So this happened last Sunday. It's 66-related but not an execution.


It's a Fender Sixty-six from the Alternate Reality series. I've been wanting to get one when it debuted but was too late, this particular finish was sold out. When it got re-stocked, I went for the Antigua Tele instead & it was sold out again. Darn distracted. So here it is finally. Why this model?

  1. I have a soft spot for freaky Fender models - Marauder, Offset Tele & now this.
  2. It's my newfound respect for Mexican models. The Mex Fenders of the past were good but they didn't click with me. For that kind of price, I'd rather get a Japanese Fender. I think Fender did a smart thing in terms of marketing, they offer unique models in the Mexican range just like they did in the American range (Parallel Universe). And now, they have some in the Squier range (Paranormal Series). I'll definitely check those out. 
  3. It's Charvel's fault. The current Mexican Charvel models are nothing less than fantastic. It seems The Mexican end of Fender had been keeping things in check since the Pro-Mods & DKs debuted quite recently. I've been spending time checking those out at Swee Lee's Katong branch on some evenings before it closed down. The Paranormal Series are currently handled by the same people so no surprises here. On that note, I have a Charvel in mind but it's out of stock in the mean time.
It's the holiday eve, folks. The long weekend awaits. 😃

No comments: