Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Alkaline


I am perhaps the very few players left in guitardom to be powering pedals with batteries. The GP 9V you see here came with one of the pedals I bought, can't remember which one it was. Due to its alkaline nature, it managed to keep my Korg Pitchblack tuner alive for nearly 3 months (just a few days short). I do not power up other pedals with an alkaline unit less the ones which are not power-sapping, an example of which is this pedal tuner. Alkaline batteries sustain a pedal on lower power over time so they do affect tone for drive / distortion pedals mostly. If you hear these fuzzing out on you despite the battery indicator looking rather bright; it's the battery.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

leakage - alkaline batteries bane

subversion.sg said...

Happened to me some time ago... In fact, one actually popped.