Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Glossless


Managed to spend time with these two before heading for treatment. They are similar in so many ways. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say the Tribute (white) is a refinement of the BFG (red), a slight one at that. More importantly, these are some of the Gibson models that come without a gloss finish which I am a fan of. The Tribute has a slight edge over the BFG as it has a satin overcoat so it does not feel like touching the bark of a tree while playing. Tone-wise, due to the lighter nature of both guitars, they manifest this clarity which is not heard in other LPs which are much heavier. With that said, LP devotees don't quite fancy the ones without that deep, low frequency growl. It's simply the signature tone of an LP. I'm not too particular when it comes to such expectations. In fact, my expectations are simple - a Les Paul serving my needs should sound the way I like it to be & inspire me to play despite how restrictive it might feel. 😎

No comments: