Sunday, November 7, 2021

MOMM (8)


Taking it easy today, a lot on my mind so chilling indoors, listening to music & spending time with the cat.
  • Torn Arteries (Carcass). The latest release, down to a trio. Original drummer, Ken Owen chose to retire his musical endeavours after a brain haemorrhage in 1999. Dan Wilding has since taken over with no drop in drumming standards. Torn Arteries is the Carcass of late, redefined by marked guitar works as opposed to churning out grind sludge ala Reek of Putrefaction. Bill Steer is still one of the best guitarist out there. Take time to listen to this one, folks. It's a fine album.
  • Celebrate: The Collections (Simple Minds). I've been slowly hunting for compilation releases by 80s bands. That's the music of my era, they are still playing in my head & I still like them. Simple Minds might not be well known, the only impressionable track they have is Don't You (forget about me) compounded by their Scottish existence. 80s music is teaching me about effective simplicity. BAnds like SImple Minds & New Order, these are the perfect references for that.
Take care, folks. The infections are not relenting & at this rate, it's befitting of the semi-abandonment treatment; if you're infected, you have to fend for yourselves, mostly. Subliminal screwing.

1 comment:

berteromber said...

"Don't You (Forget About Me)" and "Alive and Kicking" - Soundtrack to my youth