Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Essentially better


Spent time with the AZES31 today. Ever since I owned it, I find the default single coil pickups in this guitar above average but there's one thing it's unable to manifest well - twang. 


The main suspects were the default 500K pots & 22uf capacitor as evident in this entry: CLICK Took it down to Beez today to swap them out for 250Ks & a 47uf capacitor. That humongous Orange cap happened to be the most proximate when I was looking for a replacement capacitor. Verdict: It went from good to great. I still believe that single coil pickups match well with 250K pots. Some of us might enjoy the extra crispy tones of the 500K ones but they will take away some twang factor, that's what I noted.


Gave it a fresh set of EB Primo set (.0095s). I bought this pack about a month ago & intentionally kept it away for some time to see if rust spots would appear on the strings but none were seen here. However, due to the delayed use, the 'slinkiness' were not as apparent as those coming from a fresh pack. Not a bad Tuesday after all. 

No comments: