Sunday, February 27, 2022

2(HH)(2)


Indoor Sunday. Rained & everyone here is a little under the weather (forgive the pun). I just got my booster vaccine yesterday so the body is a little weak. Everyone had their reasons to stay indoors. Played another pair of HH guitars:
  • PRS S2 Mira
  • Ibanez Q52
Miss Mira there will also be a joy to play. It's equipped with a pair of Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates, very JB-ish in the bridge but has that spongey midrange that I like. The hollow nature adds to some top end zing but the PG has a strong bottom end response so it's perfect for aggressive music.

The Q52 has factory default Quantum pickups but they meet my expectations. These will stay put till I hear a reason to swap them out. I don't know if it's down to the metal covers there but I also find the Quantums below par in other guitars, namely the S-Series. Here they sound above average but I might raise the bridge pickup in time to come. 

Both guitars are light weight, the Q52 being slightly lighter between the two. 

No comments: