Sunday, February 20, 2022

Single Mc


I can't play leads with this. Ok, let me re-phrase that - I'm not inspired to play leads with this one. The bottom heavy, dense bass notes are too tasty too ignore.  This guitar screams Dissection through & through so it's riffing madness with this one. It's also one of those guitars with default pickups that make me happy. These 58/15 S humbuckers sound like 59s in terms of cleans & drive response; very close in deed. I'm just not too into the bird inlays, wasn't a fan at the start, won't become one any time soon. I bought this guitar for the tone & playability, colour / finish was the last consideration. I missed out on the green / blue versions & glad I grabbed one before price hikes & COVID setting in, making purchases a waiting game more than anything else. A lot of how this guitar sounds like is down to its scale length - 24.594" a very 'relaxed' tension when it comes to the wound strings. I have 10s in there.

No comments: