Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Pleasant stop


Folks, this is a whammy blocking device & it's the cheapest I've come across - less than $5. Maybe it's due to the bare bones nature that kept the cost down. In fact, it looks like a secondary school technical implement / graded assignment product, nothing ground-breaking for sure.  This is also, by far, my preferred blocking device due to its downright effective outcome. I've set the bridge in such a way that the whammy doesn't work at all; you can't even do a dive bomb effect. How is this possible? Simple - use at least 4 springs & screw them deep into the cavity. This way, the string tension is unable to counter the inward pull & hey presto! A blocked whammy. I have removed one of the springs to show you how the device looks like from this angle; yes, I'm using 4 springs. Definitely looking forward to get more of this for a few more guitars.

PS: Thank you Mr. Arvind for your kind contributions via the QR code provided at the left shoulder of this page. Folks, I appreciate any amounts & thank you in advance for your generosity. I'm not moving to a video platform which many people have encouraged me to, for a simple reason - I love to write.

No comments: