Monday, February 2, 2009

Smash the RGR08

Gotcha! Nothing was smashed last night, I played my Smash & RGR08 with the inclusion of VOX's curly cable...

SMASH S2 Lite
  • the more I play this guitar, the more I feel duped by the ones I own which cost more than 2x its price. Darn.
  • planning to re-string it with a different string brand to confirm if this accounts for the current feel factor
  • also, this guitar's heavy... the 'Lite' in its moniker is rather deceiving
  • I simply love the default pickups
Ibanez RGR08
  • this guitar served to test the VOX cable; I heard a curbed treble response plugging it into the SMASH. Knowing how treble-inclined active pickups are in general, it proved the VOX cable to be as I suspected; bass rich.
  • I also gave this guitar a fretboard re-conditioning today

No comments: