Thursday, June 9, 2011

B-Les Paul

In the coming days, Gibson will also be releasing the Les Paul Studio baritone model. In terms of feel, this one would be a departure from the traditional Gibson- it is moving away from the established 24.75" scale length, keep this in mind. However, the guitar offers 2 more frets as seen above.

Before you scream 'FRESH!', be informed that in 2004, there was already a baritone Les Paul (2 lesser knobs on that one) but it was an Epiphone product. If I were a hardcore Les Paul wielder (but I'm not), I would thank Gibson for the variety but I will keep my Les Paul in its original  manifestation despite the desire to employ a lower tuning.

2 comments:

Slum King said...

Epiphone's body finish and dotless neck are better!

subversion.sg said...

these are preferential issues, yes? :-)