Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bad

Howdy folks. I'm still bringing you closer to my Kramer Striker not because it's the ultimate guitar you should own, in fact, it's discontinued (hence the older KRAMER decal on the headstock) but I'm bringing you closer to the flaw that got away. I clearly saw the chips around the middle pickup cavity edges as indicated, before I paid for it.

It became more disturbing once I saw the drastic tilt as seen here, implying there's something seriously amiss.

True enough, the problem is seen clearly here- a broken base-plate. This was the reason why there was a pronounced tilt; the broken end couldn't be lowered but the chips at the cavity edges suggested that a klutz at the factory forced it down repeatedly upon experiencing this anomaly. We'd be wondering why such a QC lapse got away & the reject-grade product made it to the shelves for sale. 

I bought this guitar because I knew those pickups meant nothing to me. In fact, by the time you read this, they are gone...

2 comments:

Jo @ NoobAxe said...

y dun u bring the pups to SL back n ask for a replacement?

there..

surely wil got a very interesting story to blog here.. ngehehe

p/s. still holiday ah? :)

subversion.sg said...

no need, bro :-) i would actually buy this guitar without the pickups, he he...