Monday, June 13, 2011

Up close- decoded (I think...)

I am feeling a little down. I am in search of some inspiration for my art (project) & was wondering what makes a good art piece. Many breakthrough art pieces are really simple ideas, these are deconstructed & regenerated according to the artists' interpretations. I ended up looking at Eric Johnson's Up Close album & thought what a simple but effective art piece it was. I was trying to find meaning to it because in art, if you can relate the end product to some meaning, then it becomes an acceptance, not mystery. I stared at it hard for some time but couldn't manage to decipher the hidden meaning. Frustration drove me to look at the album title which is UP CLOSE. The fact that no words were written on it implied that there might be a probability that it was already written there but we just couldn't see it. Then it dawned on me that the album title was there all along- I've indicated it on the pic above. 

Then again, maybe I got it wrong...