Saturday, July 30, 2011

Spandau Ballet: Reformation tour

Spandau Ballet was one of the bands I grew up listening to; even through the speakers of my FM mono radio, Tony Hadley's voice had that signature depth which made him instantly recognizable.

I had wanted to purchase this reunion DVD from Amazon online but it's available at Gramaphone when I was there today so it was a definite purchase. The songs in this release were mostly the ones featured in the 'Best Of' album I own but I bought this to hear the depth & details of the live performance which was not quite the case in the '80s recording. Post-production materials sounded thin but the live coverage didn't disappoint in this aspect. No guitar widdling on show here, just great songs to relive the nostalgia however Gary Kemp has some blues mojo going in one of the extended solos.

No comments: