Monday, April 29, 2013

Fender: Acoustasonic 15

Did I wimp out & defect to the acoustic camp? No, definitely not. I've pretty much not explored the amplified acoustic tone. I currently feel that the amplified acoustic is akin to adding distortion to a solid body electric; there's an increase in sensitivity & saturation which bring out the guitar player in me. I'm currently keeping my notes pick-free; all fingers this time.

How's the amp per se? Splendid tones from a little performer, I especially like how the EQ section brings out the instrument's character. The chorus has a very chimey ring to it (typical Fender, some might say), might be too much for some of us. The lower settings are pretty much non-existent as it requires a click-on activation so by the time it's clicked on, it's already in its quarter setting.

Happy Monday, everyone. The final Monday of the month.

PS: Thanks to brother Faizal (Swee Lee BB) for the purchase assistance

4 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

how's the clean sound if hooked-up with electric guitars?

subversion.sg said...

No recommended bro. Cleans from solid bodies sound a little too 'boxy' through acoustic amps, this one included.

Unknown said...

where did you buy your fender acoustasonic 15?. I can't find one in singapore and how much is the price?

regards

subversion.sg said...

it's available at Swee Lee- i believe the units at the Bras Basah showroom are all snapped up, do ask if they have any more at the warehouse :-)