Sunday, February 23, 2014

Single coil weekend

Sudden urge to hear single coils in action so it had been like this since Friday- my LTD ST-213 plugged into my Marshall DSL40 for cleans & drive. Along with a Strat-type guitar comes the Strat-type profile so playing this means dealing with a rounder neck profile &  fretboard radius. This isn't a bad thing, definitely but it's away from my comfort zone. One doesn't master guitar playing until one handles everything & still remains true to one's playing.

Seymour Duncan makes some of the best contemporary single coil tones this side of Fender. I love how these stacks measure up to distortion in addition to sounding stellar clean. It's when one plays the single coil that one plays something different; I played predominantly pentatonics with this one but being me, I get bored easily & had to add some chromatics in there.

6 comments:

Godsmen said...

What pickups are in those bro?

subversion.sg said...

hey bro :-) n+m: Classic Stack +, b: Custom Stack

xenozenomusic said...

Have you tried the DSL15? It was a real horrible experience

subversion.sg said...

i tried all the newer generation of DSLs- finally decided on the DSL40 :-)

Ijau D. Koceng said...

bro, does it have SSS, HSS or HSH pickup routing inside?

subversion.sg said...

SSS...