Monday, February 17, 2014

X-Mini: ME (Part 1)

This is a recent purchase, I specifically went for this one at the shops. My last encounters with the X-Mini speakers had been negative, not in terms of tonal offerings but the speaker per se had rotten features. 

Firstly, the chassis coating went sticky after some time. No idea if this had something to do with the humidity but regardless of where I placed it, it went sticky. Secondly, the X-Mini was designed with a twist function to extend the height of the speaker & the manifestation of more bass- which was a novel idea- but not the latching mechanism. Due to its plastic nature, it weakened over time & the latch snapped, regardless of the model.

The ME version, seen above, has no twisting mechanism whatsoever so there are virtually no movable parts. That yellow cap there is the driver's cover, remove it & you'd see the black driver exposed & blaring music when in use. The depth of the 'barrel' structure ensured a good serving of bass which is rather crucial considering the device's minute physique. I have tested it with my phone & iPad & the results are definitely above average. This was expected because it's not my first encounter with an X-Mini. Take note that it has no volume control so the loudness of it all depends on your device but the ME was designed to amplify. I had my room door closed & turned my phone's volume way past 70% & the ME did its job- it was loud, it was clear, it was impressive :-) 

Next up- applications with guitar-related devices.

More on the ME here: CLICK

No comments: