Saturday, April 19, 2014

Defence

You know 'Kustom'? Chances are you don't. The company traces its roots back to 1964 but the brand circulation was only signification in 1999 under Hanser Music Group. It's also more acquainted with European players but the amp is available here at Davis GMC.

This isn't my first encounter with Kustom, I used to have a bass amp; rugged & very functional (CLICK). The Defender 5H is a guitar amp, an all tube affair (EL84/ 12AX7) with only a single volume knob to get you going. With an amp of this nature, it probably means the player has already settled for a preferred clean tone to propel other considerations & that would namely be the effects line up.

That's exactly what I am doing here; this amp will propel my effects should I choose to play them on days when I require processed inspiration. I can easily plug those gadgets into my Marshall- which I did- but having other than the volume knob there increases the chances of me meddling with amp tones when I know I should be focused on my playing instead. 

Kustom: The Defender 5H
Availability: Davis GMC
Price: $135

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

so it doesn't distort on high volumes?

subversion.sg said...

slightly- at about 3 o'clock volume setting but at that point, it'd be too loud for indoor pleasure :-)