Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Parlour comfort

Whatever you have to say about Chinese production, please do it in context. When it comes to guitars, a China-made unit could manifest some of the most desirable standard of production out there, you just have to know what to look at. The Takamine GY93E here is Chinese. I tried it earlier today & it's one of the most congenial parlour-type model out there. Due to its Chinese pedigree, it can be had for less than $600. I'm with acoustics sporting smaller bodies; it's less of a struggle for me to play.

This is how things are from the back- absolutely beautiful rosewood-maple-rosewood combo.

Some price checks to convince you that the domestic prices here are absolutely the best considerations:

  • MSRP: USD799
  • Amazon.com: USD549

2 comments:

Antony said...

I recently bought a Chinese made parlour guitar. solid cedar top rosewood laminate back and sides Built really well. cost £100 used. Woodstock branded. I can't stop playing it. I fitted a piezo and I gig with it. sounds great plays great. The smaller body is more comfortable but I did two gigs in two nights and ended up with a raw bleeding blister on my forearm where it rubbed against the the top edge of the body so I'm going to make a banjo style rest for it.

subversion.sg said...

That forearm rest should be standard consideration.