Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Joyo: Ironman Blue Rain

I've tested the Joyo Ironman mini pedals at SV Guitars (Marsiling branch) & according to Mike, I'm the first to acquire one so that achievement would somehow rub some mojo into the Blue Rain I've bought, yes? Silly, unfounded, feel-good mambo jumbo aside, I went with the Blue Rain for personal reasons. I'm beyond looking at intense, metal-type distortion units & deem them to be 'better' then the meek ones. To me, the best aggressive type distortion are still the ones coming from the amp, not pedals. The polite drive units have lots in store in terms of signal saturation & pick sensitivity. They are also more accommodating when it comes to cascading one unit into another & pushing an amp's dirt channel  into oblivion for aggressive stuff. I love them for that.

I'm not gonna appraise the Blue Rain here just yet because it needs some chemistry time with single coil pickups, I'm done pushing it with humbuckers at the store & it was what it wanted to hear. There is a high chance I'd return to SV Guitars to re-listen to the Ironman Amp Simulator range. I thought I heard something pleasant yesterday but I cut the session short to rush home.

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

the knobs cover, is it plastic?

subversion.sg said...

yes, quite thick. requires flicking to open... more details soon :-)