Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reconciliation: Spruce top (Part 2)

The guitar in question is Takamine's GY93E. It's Chinese & it sings beautifully. I've noticed that Chinese instruments are particularly well made when it comes to the acoustic & semi-solid construction. It's something else when solid body construction in concerned. That, shall not be discussed here.

This is how the guitar looks like from the rear. That light strip of wood there is maple. A stunning look has nothing to do with sounding good & playing well for that matter (especially when it's hidden at the back *duh*).

So this was how it went; my coming to terms with a spruce top. I won't be too keen to embrace another spruce top instrument simply because it's not my thing, I prefer the darker woods for their warmth & individual notes accentuation but this GY93E is an exception. As I'm not a keen acoustic fan either, it's down to that parlour-style body as well; something I can deal with without struggling.

Thanks to Davis GMC for their warm service in this acquisition.

No comments: