Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Unworthy (strings content)

This happened yesterday. Showing only one of the strings, yes, the rest were rusty as well. All trashed.

So I thought the coated version wouldn't be rotten but hell no... the irony of it all; coated set to retard corrosion but they died even before putting them into action.

I have given up on Ernie Ball years ago, this is the reason why you don't see my re-string updates featuring EBs. I gave them a second chance ibecause they made effort to have the strings in sealed packs as depicted here but that guarantees nothing. As far as I'm concerned, EB strings are not worth the trouble & I need not worry about alternatives because there are plenty out there. 

For the record, D'Addario & SIT strings are the more reliable ones in this aspect. Come to think of it, I started with EBs, loved them for their crunchy freshness which was very addictive. D'Addario, on the other hand, was a frustrating affair; they started to corrode the moment I had them in my guitars. Years later, it's a reversal of reality, EBs are hype & their standards in preservation are much to be desired. D'Addario had become a very player-centered company, they listened to feedback & tried their best each & every time. Salute!

1 comment:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

still have 1 unopened hybrid slinky in my stock, hopefully... hopefully...