Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Chicken pickin'

This here is my current pick (forgive the pun); the Chicken Pick. This is known as The Shredder, a 3.5mm pick with an attitude for fast attacks, not to mention its ability to withstand all my bottom end grinding. The inscription on the pick acts as a grip enhancer. This particular model has a trimmed overall outline (there are other broader models to choose from), a beveled & pointed tip for focused picking. The material in use here is a thermo-plastic variant so it doesn't annoy you with all those clicking sounds like its harder counterparts.

My take- it's robust & would likely appeal to fast-picking players across music genres. The jazz chaps might like it as well because in clean mode, the pick helps manifest a very smooth tone. I hope the manufacturer considers other colours instead of just this off-white finish across the range (red, blue, green maybe). I almost lost it when it was placed on a white seat, had to tilt the entire seat over to let the pick drop to the floor before locating it. Grip-wise, it gets my thumbs up. Never an awkward moment in trying to make it stay put while in use & I am a very aggressive player, mind you. 

Chicken Picks are now available at Davis GMC.