Sunday, March 29, 2015

Farewell to the founder


I have a little transistor radio in my shower. The purpose of switching it on every morning is to check time; as each song lasts for 3-4min, it would be a gauge of how long I've spent time in there. If I hear too many songs in a single session, there is a high chance that I'm late. So on that fateful morning, 23rd March 2015, no songs were heard when I switched my humble little radio on. I asked the Mrs to check if Lee Kuan Yew had passed away & that was the case.

I'm not into politics but I did make a point to hear Mr. Lee speak because he is one of the most forceful person I've come across when it comes to verbal delivery. I've since stopped watching the National Day Rally on TV simply because Mr. Lee isn't the one talking any more. That's as much opinion I have on him when it comes to character. Yes, the country had benefited tremendously when he was in office as the PM. This is the very reason I can easily travel to the guitar stores today without much issues because the transportation system in its entirety does the citizens much good & commercial entities trust the authorities enough to set up their businesses here.

As we bid farewell to him today, pay tribute to his contributions. I know many people out there do not find his ideologies too agreeable, you can express your disagreements when he's around to defend himself. Doing so after his passing is cowardly. RIP.

No comments: