Friday, March 27, 2015

Gaining & boosting

I've been playing pedals lately. A pedal revival is not happening at my place because I own pedals all along, just that I don't feature them in my line up unless it's necessary. This here is a very affordable Artec boost pedal. If you are into clean boosting, most probably, this one isn't favourable. In addition to a mark up in volume, the pedal offers some servings of drive due to its high gain nature. The 2-band EQ you see there are unnecessary but they add some dimension to tone & I bought this pedal due to just that. In its entirety, the GB can offer the fusion-type player some of the smoothest drive (think Alan Holsdworth/ Tom Quayle) if s/he chooses to cascade a mild overdrive unit into it. Sweet.

The Artec Gainer Boost pedal is available at both SV Guitars & TYMC.

No comments: