Tuesday, October 1, 2019

In a heartbeat


Last Sunday was also about my Ibanez SZ520FM. The SZ Series were once Ibanez's best sellers appealing to the general guitar-playing community instead of just the shred dweebs. These were set-neck monsters with great sustain (there were through-body makes in the Prestige line up) & a meatier neck. They were simply good.


If you think Nita Stauss' Jiva model started it all, be informed that the SZ520 was there first albeit a slight variation going into the upper frets area. The heart beat/ cardiac waves are indeed unique & appealing. 


Last Sunday also marked the end of my relationship with Bare Knuckle. I shouldn't compel myself to like pickups that don't appeal to me just because of the hype. I'm in the Duncan camp for sure with occasional distractions only to return to my first love. The Dimebucker works fine for a slightly sharper response when peddling bass notes so the black metal tendencies remain healthy if need be. The neck there is a Pearly Gates with lots of definition during solos; I'm definitely not into the woman tone in any way. That kinda tone only sound pleasant to my ears for clean, jazzy applications. 

On that note (forgive the pun) - hello, October! 😎

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

aha~ when was the last time this guitar mentioned in this blog? almost a decade or half I guess? :)

subversion.sg said...

I was just not too keen with the former pickups on board. Moving on.