Saturday, November 2, 2019

Difference


It's a long shot but do you need a fancy studio monitor? One that bears a boutique name label, nevermind if there's hardly any performance affiliations between the monitor & its electric guitar counterpart? You do? Well, here's news.

Since its revival under the new CEO, Gibson is now thinning its non-guitar related inventory & the studio monitors are good to go. Pictured above are price references for your consideration. Note that the domestic price is in SGD while the clearance price (pre-shipping charges) are in USD. Suppose there's a hefty USD100 shipping charge should you choose to bring it in from overseas, that will be USD239 in total. Then again, it's:

SGD859 vs USD239 (SGD325)

Implication - some retailers/ distributors are keeping up with developments, some are happy to let things be until the inevitable happens. You know, the inevitable. I'm sure you'd be happy to save SGD500 off your shopping budget. Please show me someone who isn't.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Thanks for the link, Sub. The cost of USD$140 is for one speaker. The reviews were not that good either.

I have a pair of presonus eris e4.5 which I bought locally for about $200+ which has excellent reviews.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/presonus-eris-e45-active-studio-monitors-i102195355-s102379494.html?spm=a2o42.seller.list.3.224c710eKcPpeP&mp=1

I am currently running my Zoom G5xn to a Zoom G3x, stereo out to these speakers so that I can get stereo delay effects :P

subversion.sg said...

I have very little faith in brand names that are riding on borrowed reputation. I'm doing fine with my KRK 🙃