Thursday, November 14, 2019

Floyds


This was a recent announcement. Floyd Rose has these two to offer as 'new' units for their product line-up. On the left is the non-fine tuners version but it still locks your strings at the saddles. Guthrie Govan had one of this installed into his then Charvel proto signature model but decided to do away with it. There is currently a Charvel model very similar to the FR version. On the right is the Floyd Rose Special finished in brushed chrome. I was expecting some upgrades specifically the replacement of zinc parts which is the primary reason I dislike the Special. It made the bridge very brittle & prone to breakage when locking. This is the reason why I always advise friends to opt for the FR 1000 instead. I only have FRs in my ESPs & those came stock from the factory. Currently I have no issues with those as ESPs don't equip their models with Specials, they are in the entry level/ lower midrange LTDs.

No comments: