Sunday, November 10, 2019

Holy vs Glory


Greetings, guitar buffs. I've never owned an Epiphone guitar. I used to own an Epiphone amp (head) once but that went to a deserving owner for some token money. I always support people who are starting out & show a keen interest in gear. I'm never about selling stuff for recovery's sake. Moving on, I've been following the developments of two Epiphone LP type guitars lately & had decided to purchase one. The first contender is this Vivian Campbell signature, Holy Diver diver model. It's one kickass guitar featuring my kind of OTT high output DiMarzio pickups (X2N!) & more importantly, a revised headstock outline. I've never clicked with the butchered Gibson open book design & this one looks in place, to say the least. 


Its contender is another signature model, Jared Nichols' Old Glory. This one's another killer guitar featuring a lone Seymour Duncan P-90 in the bridge. This minimalist approach is absolutely my thing but of course, I have to deal with that headstock. You know, that headstock. Both guitars feature very different neck profiles & how do I know this for sure? Both are now in stock at Swee Lee. Head down to the Star Vista showroom to experience them yourselves. 

There are two other models in stock, the Frampton triple humbucking LP & Matt Heafy's 7-string. I'm not talking about them here because they are not on my consideration list but are equally worthy guitars to check out. Why a sudden interest in Epiphone, you ask? It's a bucket list item. 😎

Wishing you folks a good week ahead.

EDIT: Due to some administrative issues, the Old Glory will not be offered for sale until further notice. My apologies to blog readers who made their way to Swee Lee's Star Vista showroom only to discover this withdrawal. I understand that some of you are trying to reach them through their social media accounts for clarifications

UPDATE: As at 1200hrs, 15th November 2019 (Friday), the Old Glory is available for sale. Thank you everyone, for your patience.

PICS: Epiphone

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

sadly, no Gelotte's Jotun right?

subversion.sg said...

Not at the moment, Encik...