Monday, February 24, 2020

Epi jack


Spent last evening addressing poor connectivity in my Old Glory Les Paul. The input jack kept crackling & reducing power to the amp making my distortion sound very wimpy. The contact spray treatment didn't really cure my woes, it went well briefly. So out came the screwdriver to see what's the real bother & saw some oxidation in the input jack tunnel itself. I resorted to physically polishing the affected area & that was the remedy. Everything was back to normal thereafter. 

Taking this opportunity to show you the Epiphone pride extending into the instrument's input jack but I have a feeling that this component won't last the miles. Anyway, we know there are other more durable, lasting options out there so that etched Epiphone label speaks nothing about quality. 

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

they also etched their name on 3-way toggle switch and under TOM bridge/tailpiece

subversion.sg said...

Now that's commitment 🤘