Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Typing


So the new Kiesel is a Type X. I was trying to spec out a V220 last year & had a query sent to them in November about some pickups configurations which was attended to but delayed. That was a good delay indeed because the Type X was released on Black Friday with an introductory discount. As I am a boring person with limited interest in an instrument's visual aesthetics, the choices were down to just this plain blue finish with a blank maple fretboard. 


OK so the roasted maple neck was a free add-on. This version looks darker than my Holdsworth version but they are both equally comfortable for my playing style. Counting from Black Friday itself till its official delivery date just last week, this one took a little too long but Jeff Kiesel pre-empted buyers that he was dishing out the discounts first before embarking on any actual production because the NAMM '20 instruments were on the priority list so it was all good.

Since the local currency here weakened against the USD just last weekend, it's gonna be a while before I purchase something from State side again.

4 comments:

Vic said...

You’re the first in SG to get the X I reckon.
My turn to wait, I just ordered a Delos HD during last week’s sale.
Hope FedEx’s delivery is without issues.
Any advice regarding shipping pls? Thanks!
Vic

Hotaru said...

does preempted means acquire?

subversion.sg said...

@vic If not for the awful exchange rate, I would have spec'd another Kiesel... If you receive your instrument, check the temperature. If it feels warm, let it acclimatize for a while before opening

@m.r nah, Jeff just gave a friendly but necessary reminder about the wait

Vic said...

@sub I appreciate the advice. I'll let you know 3 months later when I get it. Perhaps we can try out each other's guitar then? ;)