Monday, September 13, 2021

CC


I've been messing around with clean tones lately in an attempt to level up my finger picking. It's a little tricky if one is too accustomed to excessive gain / drive levels. A light touch won't work well because poor attack would translate into barely audible notes at the amp end. So I appreciate the role of my (hard) picks in making me play well. To address this concern, a chorus pedal is added into the effects lineup to spur some gain into the mix. Folks, pedals have a gain capacity even though no GAIN control is present. This is true if you have at least a VOLUME control in there. 


The chorus pedal you see here is One Control's Little Copper Chorus. Is one of those pedals in a space-saving format but unlike the rest, it's designed to house a battery as seen above - awesome! I'm only using this pedal for cleans, don't wish to have it run on PSU, too cumbersome. The Danelectro battery was the nearest available one  - grabbed & used. I'm just happy that there is a manufacturer out there who does this so it's a win-win situation for players. 

Once Control pedals are available at Davis GMC.

No comments: