Sunday, September 5, 2021

Re-string S7


On some days, I thrive playing a neck that is a little wider. This Ibanez SIR27FD has a wide neck for sure - to accommodate that extra string. Some people asked me how I play chords with a 7-string & I told them it's like playing the 6-string, just ignore that extra string. Wait... you can actually do that? Of course. Whoever said incorporating the 7th string into your chords is a must? If you can do it, then good for you. Otherwise, life goes on beyond the bother of having that 7th string correctly included into your guitar vocab.  Those default DiMarzio PAF 7s are awesome in this guitar, no swap-out necessary. Also, I still play better with marker-less fretboards. Side dots are all I need.


When I walked into the store & saw this guitar, I firmly told myself - no more black guitars. At a closer look, it's actually a glitter black finish so it's not entirely black & that legitimized the purchase. Based on my logic, of course.


Fresh set of D'Addario, my go-to brand. 

1 comment:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

for me personally, I go for drop-A setup