Monday, December 20, 2021

Unlocked


These are the locking Gotoh tuners that came default in my Ibanez SIX6FDFM. They did the job well.


I have removed them & got these instead; same Gotoh brand, just the non-locking version.

I am a fan of locking tuners, regardless of the brand / manifestation but they have to serve a practical purpose. The ones in this guitar have no issues but they add significant weight to the neck / headstock & neck dive was inevitable. This affects playing & leads to mistakes. The Ibanez S-Series is a lightweight guitar & very resonant, adding unnecessary weight to the neck / headstock just kills the essence of this instrument. By the way, if you wish to replace tuners on a reverse headstock, just go with the set meant for a lefty.  

2 comments:

Liching said...

Hi what’s your rate of acoustic guitar restring service? I don’t have string. Metal string. Thanks

subversion.sg said...

Hey, my friend - where do you live?