Sunday, March 16, 2008

Visual Sound: Son of Hyde (Part 2)


I've tested the SOH thoroughly today & was content with its performance, suffice to say that if you are not interested in the DS-1 type of mild serving, the SOH is one to invest in.
The pedal's drive benefits from its Volume level enhancements; the higher the volume, the more saturated the distortion.
Being me, I simply had to pair the SOH with my 'workhorse' booster, the Ibanez TS7 & it's a lethal pairing indeed- this pair can match whichever metal-type distortion you have in store, bring it on! As this set-up benefits from a cascading gain effect, the saturation & harmonics trigger would surpass a stand-alone metal distortion & that's definitely good news for solos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a versatile distortion pedal that can give a wide range of intensity. I nearly about to give up and looking to settle for a few different units that I could switch about.

This post gave me a glimmer of hope for my quest... and my pocket.

subversion.sg said...

the SOH is something i truly like considering i'm not a fan of distortion pedals. you'd be surprised with the performance once you boost it with whichever mild drive-type pedal you fancy.