Sunday, March 23, 2008

Guitar + bass amp...

I was too attached to my bass for the whole of last week so it got me thinking, why the attraction? Could it be the bass per se or could it be the amp? So for the thrill of it, I plugged my guitar into my bass practice amp, an Ibanez SW20.

There wasn't any specific reason why the SOH/ TS7 pedals were used here, they were within reach so they attachment was convenient. Unlike the average, entry-level, solidstate guitar amp, the bass amp exudes a certain warmth which might be due to the difference in frequency focus- almost tube-like, dare I say. So what started out to be a simply curiosity feed turned into 2 hours of play time. So I guess there was a certain tonal charm when the guitar dweebs back then plugged their guitars into Fender's Bassman amp.

No comments: