Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ernie Ball strings: New packaging


I'm sure ardent guitar fans out there would agree how good a fresh set of EB strings are; the crisp simply adds to feel & tone, that's how we got addicted. There are also many of us who simply felt cheated after bringing our beloved strings home only to discover them being rusty. In the recent NAMM 2008 event, the manufacturer had announced a sealed packaging for us eager fans to ensure string freshness would not be compromised at the point of sale. This is indeed good news for us but it begs the question: Why did it take too long for such measures to materialize?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually went to NAMM this year and spent a lot of time at the Ernie Ball booth. What a cool company...I met many members of the Ball family and they went over all there new products with me regardless of a packed booth.and my lack of the "blue" dealer badge. I was ecstatic whne I saw the new packaging. Same killer artwork and colors and when the benfits were explained I asked the same question. Why did it take so long? Their answer was that its been about 4 years in the making as they had to completely automate a few conveyors and integrate them in a manner which would either match or speed current production. On a side note. Wait till you see their new packaging for the coated acoustic line they just launched.

subversion.sg said...

that's what i read too: 4 years...