Thursday, May 1, 2008

Behringer: GDI21


The Behringer brand name has only itself to blame for conjuring dislike among guitar geeks for being a copy cat. Many of its products are replications of an established FX unit in the market, this GDI21 included. The blue device here is a copy of the SansAmp GT2 at about one third of the original article's list price. I bought it more so for the good tones on board than the attractive price tag. It's good enough for me to forgive the pedal for an absence of a midrange control. The GDI21 also offers a direct XLR hook up to mixing consoles so it comes in handy in that context. Tone-wise, is it really a match against the aforementioned GT2? Well, the pedal is a good employment per se regardless of its inclinations towards a certain tonal expectation. If you are looking for a quick palette of an American high gain, British crunch & Fender-like clean voicings on a budget, this is a good unit to invest in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random off topic comment: I find the little figurines you feature in the photos of your reviewed gears rather amusing, heh. You got quite a collection!

subversion.sg said...

He he...

I'm a big ALIEN fan, I own some figurines not to relive the movie moments, but I bought them for art. I'll pose them & draw- this is what I do if I'm not playing guitar.