Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Head to head

I was browsing the 2010 Ibanez catalogue after dinner & noticed the above. It's the RG2228 headstock, all too familiar to me as I own this guitar.
Then I saw the RGA8 headstock, this guitar is new this year. I thought Ibanez went economic & did the RG2228 neck wholesale for the RGA8 model but the differences are there for all to note. The headstock tip is a little longer, construction-wise, it implies the RGA8 body being a little heftier which necessitates an off-set balance at the neck/ headstock area. I also keep forgetting the RGA is not a Prestige model... hence no 'Prestige' tag there implying a more affordable price tag. Judging by the in-house LZ8 pickups installed, it would seem so. Nothing's for sure until this guitar gets here, of course.

No comments: