Wednesday, January 11, 2012

ESP: Horizon bolt-on (Part 4)

This is a familiar sight by now, a push-pull coil split switch. There wasn't any in this guitar unlike the current generation of Horizons where a push-push switch is quite the norm. Note the binding there, it's a faux-type, meaning- this part of the ash wasn't stained blue to make it look like there's binding there. The black stains are the ash's inherent stripes.

The default 5-way switch is a Schaller unit which I've done away with. I prefer a 3-way option for a twin humbucker guitar with a push-pull coil split option.

The humbuckers in there now are the Distortion model for both bridge & neck. The pickup selector position is also not at the usual slot, it's nearer to the bridge, just behind the volume knob.

3 comments:

customtabs said...

Subversion.sg,

can you give details on said ESP Horizon, esp. on the Schaller switch or the wiring diagram?

Thanks,

-Alois, Graz/Austria

subversion.sg said...

My friend :-) I don't have the original wiring to show, it's all been replaced...

customtabs said...

My brother ;-) would you remember the stock PU-switch combination?

Like 1 = neck HB serial, 2 = neck split parallel, 3 = both HB, 4 = ... 5 = ...

My guitar has been re-wired, cross-soldered and I want it back to the original state.

Thanks,

-Alois