Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ibanez 2012: My list

Following 2011's pleasant encounter with the RG1451, I'm glad that there is still a fixed bridge Prestige RG in the 2012 line-up. The RG3521 will be on my watch list. It might prove to be a little excessive (price-wise) for a non-whammy bridge guitar so it's all down to feel & tone. 

Here's the alternative to the RG3521 should I deem it unworthy of my precious dollars; the Premium RG821. I was looking forward to the Premium S-series but it features a pair of EMGs so that one's off my list. Also, the chances of any Premium Series 8XX to be here is a little remote (but still obtainable via other means... he, he), what we get here are the Series 9XX. We'll see what's going to be on offer, yes? It's a little too early to tell.

I love my RGD321; despite the longer scale length, I have no issues with it pertaining to adaptability. This year, the RGD7421 would be a definite acquisition. 

*PS: I'm a little put off by the black option currently on offer for all the above models; I'm currently living with 11 black guitars, not too keen to acquire any more...

No comments: