Sunday, August 4, 2013

The copper kind (2)

This is perhaps my fav Ibanez GIO model. Em, actually, it's the only GIO model left in my possession, the limited release GRGR010LTD. Nothing special, this one, less the fact that it's a single humbucker guitar which Ibanez doesn't do much.

Here it is after the make-over. As mentioned before, the finish is a copper-ish hue which isn't quite apparent in pics. I gave up the pickguard as well, it's a pointless inclusion from the start since the pickup is ring mounted. The guy who did the paint job helped me cover up the screw holes & it was a superb touch-up. Also, since the humbucker is white (Duncan CC), a simple cover helped blend the looks. Ha! :-)

What's the point of spending money on a cheapo? I like my guitars to appeal to me so any money spent on making them look the way I want them to be isn't a wasted effort. All this make-over... it's becoming addictive :-o

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bro, where do you get it painted?

subversion.sg said...

Same shop as i did my jackson & ibanez s-series :-)

Unknown said...

could i have contact to the paint shop you use?

subversion.sg said...

My friend, the guy doing this isn't working there any more. He's a Malaysian, unfortunately I do not have his number.