Monday, August 19, 2013

Maestro Jr: Protege

Here's another travel-size/ Junior-size guitar I truly appreciate- Maestro's Jr Protege. I was recently invited to have a look-see at Maestro's Excelsior branch. The highlight was Maestro's revamped designs across the board (the elbow rest bevel is brilliant!) which are all a put off for me (serious!) because I'm not an acoustic person. However, this is a homage to fine craftsmanship, playability & tone which are totally born & bred in Singapore so it's definitely something to be proud of. They actually made me sit down & try all the different models there representing the different range & price points. 

The Protege you see above hails from a more affordable range which isn't short of quality despite the manufacturer's intention to entice would be buyers, price-wise. The immediate attraction is its neck- incredible feel especially for non-acoustic fans like yours truly who would very much want a sleek feel for those fast moments without sacrificing tone- we all know too well how shred-profiled necks just failed to invoke acoustic warmth.

I'm still in the midst of detailing this guitar as it's not featured in the manufacturer's homepage but I get good product knowledge from the sales people at Maestro & my special thanks to Mr. Saiful for spilling all the specs to me.

No comments: