Sunday, March 9, 2014

EHX: Soul food

I'm definitely an advocate for simple, transparent overdrives- the EHX Soul food is one. Its reputation is such that it has traces of the Klon Centaur DNA somewhere in there. I'm not a fan of the Centaur (with all due respect it's one of the ODs to check out regardless of its extinction) & do not look forward to the SF emulating this distinction. When I tested it out, it sounded great in giving the pickup a little push in terms of driven output & that's all I'm after, really. The SF is also a great amp booster & that's a bonus for me so this one is just one of those pedals I'm glad to have come across. This isn't its maiden debut at the shops but when it was first offered back then, someone got to it first before I did but it's nothing a simple wait couldn't cure.

EHX: Sould food
Availability: Davis GMC
Price: $99.00

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

comes free with count dooku action figure

subversion.sg said...

Dooku is soulless ...