Sunday, March 2, 2014

The digital way

This was last night's set up following the arrival of my iRig Stomp: Guitar-iRig Stomp-X-mini speaker-iPad.

My concern with every digital set up has always been the latency issue. Since the early days of my LINE6-into-PC meddling, I have been upset with that slight delay in processing but technology had come through in terms of development. The set up seen above has no such complications. In fact, iOS applications are reputable in this aspect. I have downloaded the free Amplitube bundle & the features are minimal (expected) but it managed to get things going. As far as the iRig Stomp is concerned, it's a hassle-free plug-&-play. My only down in terms of purchase satisfaction was that the cable it came with was dodgy from the start; it affected connection & there was crackling noises to be heard through the speakers. This was how cost corners were cut, obviously.

Tone-wise, the X-mini ME speaker did well in projecting clarity but does nothing in terms of depth. If you are serious in getting some mojo going even with such a simple set up (yes, it's definitely possible), invest in a pro-size monitor.

No comments: