Monday, April 13, 2015

The other green meanie

This is a drive pedal (by the obscure manufacturer called Valeton), the hue of which implies the obvious; it's a Tube Screamer repro. It's Chinese & has no obligations to shadow the original product closely. It also runs on adaptor only, the smaller footprint here means it's a favoured selection for the pedal board geek. I don't own a pedal board & I think I have enough TS variations to see me through some above average drive tones but after hearing this one in the store, it had to come home with me. Too many of such clones failed miserably when both volume & drive are turned up but this one maintained its composure so the harmonics sensitivity as well as drive saturation are present without dysfunctional distractions. All this in a vintage platform that would appeal to players who prefer a contemporary voicing. Splendid.

2 comments:

forthecultureSG said...

where did you get this from?

subversion.sg said...

@ Davis... 😃