Thursday, April 9, 2015

The mini gift

This Takamine GX11ME (cheekily labelled as Taka mini in the sound hole) won't be a hit with the crowd for 2 main reasons: 1) It's a 3/4 size guitar 2) It's not a solid top model. I personally don't mind these unglamorous attributes because I prioritize QC, tone & playability above all else. The rest are, to me, bonus considerations (especially for acoustic guitars). I spent quite some time at the store trying it out before parting with cash. For a G-Series Takamine, the QC on show is respectable. The tone is a little bland when it comes to chords but I'm not a chord fan, I'm playing this for its warm & lush single notes, especially when finger picked. It's a winner with me, nothing else is more important. So happy birthday to me!

Then again, today is not my birthday :-)

No comments: