Thursday, April 30, 2015

The vintage conundrum

On some days, I believe vintage pickups has the best sustain-inducing goodness money can buy. The sweet overdrive is also one that highlights clarity to propel one's playing. On other days, I feel they are severely under-performing as far as my needs are concerned. Their lack of drive saturation without external enhancements is a sheer put off for me. 

These vintage-type pickups in my Fender TL-Rose are such a conundrum. In a single sitting, I love & hate them but more often than not, they would bow out for other preferred substitutes. I'd say that vintage type pickups suit players with limited overdrive adventure; I'm definitely not that type of a player. Even for a guitar that is removed from any extremist imagery as the Telecaster, I just have to have pickups that sway my way.

Wishing everyone a wonderful long weekend with their favourite instruments.

No comments: