Monday, June 1, 2015

(Work in) progress!


This Taka-MINI is getting more play time lately. It's probably due to my current unplugged mode, I'm working all my fingers as opposed to just putting more focus on the fretting hand to execute the technicalities. This is indeed a by-product of my listening to acoustic wizards such as Thomas Leeb, Ewan Dobson, Don Ross & Andy McKee among others. My current fav: Pierre Ben Susan. He's not too impossible too emulate but his techniques are sublime. In any case, I'm like only 5% of what those players could do at any given attempt. Pathetic but that's how it is when one is starting out- the struggle is real!

I'm also reviewing my available instruments for this journey so to speak. I currently have 2 Takamines which are more than decent in terms of QC to spur some creativity. Tone-wise, I have the benefit of some bright tones coming from a spruce top & some warmer notes courtesy of mahogany. Are there any in-between tones that should be considered? Hmm...

No comments: